Maybe right now you’re considering the advantages of speaking a foreign language. And if you’re thinking about learning Spanish, you should know that it means opened doors to a new world of opportunities. You can connect with a new culture, make new friends, get a better job position, increase your business opportunities and improve your traveler experience, to name a few.
We all know that learning a foreign language requires time and dedication. Spanish is one of the easiest languages for English speakers to learn, due to the fact that both languages share the same Latin roots.
The best way to learn a new language is to immerse in the culture. Here are some helpful tips to start speaking Spanish:
1. Learning the basic pronunciation: A good way to start speaking Spanish is to learn how to pronounce each letter of the alphabet. From there, you can learn how to pronounce words. The Spanish alphabet is identical to English alphabet (minus letter “ñ”); it only differs on the pronunciation of each letter. So, learning the pronunciation of each letter is step #1. Then you continue with words, sentences and paragraphs.
2. Learning the numbers: In all languages is very important to have the skill of knowing how to count. Start by learning each number by itself and then start to combine them. Practice first with small amounts.
3. Learning basic conversational phrases: This is very important when you want to start interacting with people in Spanish. For example:
– Hello = Hola
– Good morning = Buenos días
– Good afternoon = Buenas tardes
– Good evening = Buenas noches
– Please = Por favor.
– My name is… = Mi nombre es…
– Yes = Sí
– No = No
– Thank you = Gracias
– Goodbye = Adiós
– What time is it? = ¿Qué hora es?
– Have a nice day = Que tenga un buen día
4. Memorizing simple words: Having a wide vocabulary is very much helpful. So start by learning and memorizing easy words than you can use in a sentence or a conversation. Knowing more words makes it easy to be fluent.
These are just a few tips that could help you get started in the process of learning. And to help you succeed at it, we have a team of great professionals equipped to give you all the support that you need through effective Spanish lessons.
Centro Catalina is a Spanish school located in two main cities of Colombia, Medellín and Cartagena, and we are ready to offer you a Spanish course that will meet all your expectations. Talk to us, and give it a try.